Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Too Scared to pierce

  1. #1
    Inactive Member hally13's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2006
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am too afraid to pierce my today doll's(AGt3) ears. If I do decide but then don't like it, are the holes in the ears very noticeable? Just wondering.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 22, 2007 01:45 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I would make sure that you want her ears pierced before you do it. The holes will be small, but still noticeable. If you do decide, I also marked the ear with a pencil before I pierced it just to make sure they were even. Good luck deciding.

    Shanna

  3. #3
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you want earrings for your dolls, you can buy stick-on earrings--and I think AG may even have some as replacement parts. You could try calling Customer Service to find out.

    (If you're not sure you really want to pierce your doll's ears, you should wait. You can always do it later, but once done, you can't UN-do it.) [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am to afraid to pierce my dolls ear too, but until I get braver I use the stick on earrings. Alot of the stick on earrings come with retired Marisol outfits. Some earrings come with the Butterfly Brocade Outfit. They are still avaliable as replacement parts from American Girl too.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MariLuna5's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2006
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dont worry, I was really scared to pierce Mari's ears too. But now that I did it I am so happy! They look so cute! I say go ahead and do it, you'll be glad you did. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is your doll so unattractive she needs jewelry to make her appear beautiful?

    I see no need to punch holes in the ears of my dolls as I believe they are already so beautiful that any modification would be a step down...

    Taffy

  7. #7
    Inactive Member heidiabigail's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2005
    Posts
    688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I tend to agree, Taffy. But she is your doll, and it is up to you!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Look at the Dollar Tree or a beauty supply store. You can usually find jeweled fingernail stickers. They are the right size to make very pretty stick-on AG earrings. I do not think I could bring myself to make holes in one of my girls ears, but that's just me.I have seen some dolls that look adorable with earrings. Just try to be sure before you do anything irreversible.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I see no need to punch holes in the ears of my dolls as I believe they are already so beautiful that any modification would be a step down...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">More because it's realistic of young girls. When I was 10, I had earrings, as did every single girl I was close friends with, and almost every girl in my class. Also, with AGs being as popular as they are, there are a number of dolls that everyone has. Earrings just make them more different and more yours, and less like the AGT3 that 5,000 other people have. I hope AG starts selling more AGTs with earrings (though I like to pick out earrings that I think fit my dolls' personality).

    And, actually, I have a doll that I rewigged (Ellie), who I was just so-so about until I gave her earrings. She really does look a lot better with them, and she seemed far more lively and realistic with them.

    If you're having any doubts about it, I certainly wouldn't do it. The holes are very small (like a persons are without earings in), but still noticable. Unlike a person's, they won't close up, so do think about it before deciding [img]smile.gif[/img] .

  10. #10
    Inactive Member hally13's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2006
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Thanks everyone. I am still considering.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 22, 2007 01:43 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •